On behalf of our client, a leading American importer of European products within the food and beverage industry with over 1600 products. In Job New York is looking for a
SENIOR SALES SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the successful candidate based in Maspeth, New York, will be responsible for taking charge of the dessert portfolio and promote sales. This will include gelato, ice cream, pastry and baking ingredients. The clientele would consist of gelato and ice cream shops, bakeries, cafes and restaurants, as well as independent retailers and industrial clients.
Main Responsibilities :
- Identifying and compiling a territorial list of existing and potential accounts.
- Proposing and implementing an organized sales plan of action to cover the designated marketplace.
- Initiate promotional and sales visits to potential and current clients.
- Following up on sales leads in a timely manner.
- Maintaining working relationships with gelato and ice cream equipment dealers to trade sales leads, etc.
- Monitor industry best practices
- 2-3 years selling and area management experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized and a self-starter.
- Own an automobile with a clean driver’s license.
- Physical Demands - this position involves regular walking, standing. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching and lifting boxes up to 30 lbs
We offer :
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision)
We are an equal opportunity employer