Head of Purchasing / Purchasing Manager
On behalf of our client, one of the largest leaders of the gamified E-commerce platform in Europe, specialising in providing engaging, fun and unique shopping experiences to all users ensuring huge savings. Our client are now expanding their ambitious team to grow further in the UK, looking for a
Head of Purchasing – Purchase Manager
Our client is fast growing; grown by high double digits year after year, and have surpassed over 1 million users in Italy alone; but the aim is to grow further within the UK and Worldwide.
This position reports directly to the CEO, as an executive and key figure of the organization.
You have the opportunity to work remotely, or from our client’s office in Central London. Furthermore, this position has full responsibility for recruitment, and overall building, managing and development of a high performing team of Buyers.
- Help create an internal Purchasing Process that is efficient for sourcing a large range of finished commercial goods, including both hard and soft goods, from China, the Far East and the EU (this is likely to also include e-tailers, retailers, dropshippers, and wholesalers, depending on product and category).
- Select all partners, wholesalers, retailers and inbound shipping agencies.
- Have full responsibility for selection of a large range of products for both wholesale and retail and ensuring margins are competitive, as this directly impacts our bottom line and margin.
- Set the list prices for all newly selected products based on company margin requirements.
- Continually review the retail market to ensure the current and new products are competitive.
- Help build and recruit a high-performing team of buyers.
- Good Italian.
- Excellent English.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in purchasing for Ecommerce and/or marketplaces businesses.
- Experience sourcing a large range of goods from China, the far east and the EU from either the hard or soft goods sector or both.
- Experience as a senior purchaser, buyer and ideally managing a team of buyers.
- Experience with enterprise Procurement Software.
- Familiar with DropShipping and Marketplace model.
- Experience purchasing for low value items (approx. under the value of 10 USD)
- 35,000-50,000K Annual Basic Salary; (depending on experience)
- Quarterly Performance Based Bonus Scheme with Equity of the company.
- Ability to work remotely, with prior consent, upon the completion of the probation period.
In Job UK & Ireland is an equal opportunity employer.
Sales & Marketing