On Behalf of our client an Award Winning Chartered Accountants and Business Advisory Practice branch, In Job UK & Ireland is looking for
Senior Tax Accountant
The aim of this role is to add massive value to clients through providing tax planning advice to ensure clients minimise their tax liabilities with excellent client rapport. It is a role that allows access to existing and new clients, to perform a systematic fact finding process that identifies all of a client’s tax advisory needs and tax saving opportunities, whilst taking into consideration their current personal and financial situation. You would then work with the client manager to communicate these needs to the client and implement the strategies. A key element of the role is also helping to identify, prepare and file Research and Development Tax Relief claims.
The position reports to the Senior Partner/Managing Partner.
- Assist with the management and successful delivery of tax projects specific to SMEs and Owner managed businesses e.g. set up of EIS schemes, EMI schemes, and company valuations whilst ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken.
- Responsible and accountable for working with clients and taking them through the full life cycle of an R&D Tax Credit Claim.
- Travelling to client meetings, as required.
- We want you to identify time sensitive tax advisory needs and areas specifically raised by your client.
- To categorise and plan tax priorities to meet their goals and objectives.
- To be the trusted advisor your clients want.
- Final level review of CT600’s and SA100’s prepared for clients.
- You will be expected to maintain an expert knowledge of the working, detail and implementation of R&D Tax Relief legislation, guidelines and HMRC practice.
- You will have to maintain a portfolio of client cases.
- Build an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm.
- Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients.
- Requirements: - Minimum 2:1 degree (Desirable )
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA – (Essential )
- Tax qualification required to have a detailed working knowledge of the R&D tax legislation and experience preparing R&D calculations and general tax.
- Computer skills: Knowledge of Xero, QuickBooks Online and other cloud based accounting platforms is ideal.
- Business Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator
- Massively self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with business owners.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Well-presented and business-like. Keen for a new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Personal Situation: Must be mature and domestically secure.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions, if required.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience managing business clients.
- Must have excellent communication skills in a range of situations, including with: internal team members, senior staff and clients.
- Ability to explain/describe the activities of a company to HMRC in a clear and concise manner.
- Management Ability: Must have good interpersonal skills to get on with the team of associates and partners.
- £45,000 plus generous commission scheme.
In Job UK & Ireland are an equal opportunity employer