On Behalf of our client, a dynamic asset and property management company in London, with a growing PRS and hospitality portfolio. Our client has over 20 years’ experience of offering investment advice, sourcing financing and managing over 1 million sq. ft. of residential, commercial and hospitality assets. In Job UK & Ireland is looking for
Group Financial Controller & Analyst
As a Group Financial Controller & Analyst, you are key in overlooking the financial needs of the company while leading and managing a team of four bookkeepers and accountants.
You must report to the CEO and COO.
- Producing consolidated management accounts (balance sheets, P&L accounts on accrual and cash basis).
- Producing cash flow models for unencumbered properties including bank finance (amortization and interest).
- Liaising with external accountants to submit statutory accounts after building-up of audit files, year-end adjustments for accruals and prepayment and other accounting treatment.
- Managing capital allowances, HMRC liaison on VAT and corporation tax.
- Understanding of UK GAAP and onshore-offshore nuances.
- Experience in SDLT, CIL, service charges, purchase and sale, land registry, VAT claims on property development costs, solid knowledge of the nuances between commercial and residential assets.
- In charge of debt collections and production of aged debt.
- Competent with SAGE.
- Overseeing Payroll including pension scheme, working with HR.
- Maintaining efficient working capital of the group and advising the CEO and COO on efficiency aged debtor reports, landlord service charge liability and non-recoverable expenditure with close liaison of the in-house Operations Manager.
- Reviewing supplier payment runs to ensure integrity with cost control prior to Director authorization.
- Reporting to financiers for loan covenant monitoring to include interest cover, and compliance certificates.
- Analyzing and modelling new opportunities.
- A minimum of 2:1 grade from a red brick university.
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA), with at least 2 years post qualification experience in an accounting function of a property management company.
- Technically capable of demonstrating accounting knowledge and ability to hit the ground running with a can-do approach
- Audit experience of property investment companies is considered as a strong advantage Specific Skills and Competencies
- Solid Financial background in the real estate industry (Residential and Commercial).
- Presentable with ability to demonstrate financial control skills and strategies to a board of directors.
- Able to communicate both written and verbally.
- Strong IT skills are a must.
- Willing to grow and join a family start-up in London real estate field.
- Up to 50K Annual Gross Salary – Depending on experience.
In Job UK & Ireland is an equal opportunity provider.
Administration & Finance & Legal