Our Client's mission is to make online equipment rentals hassle-free. They're a marketplace ecommerce platform that is digitally revolutionising the entire equipment rental industry to become the world’s go-to platform to hire. Their technology offers an easy way to hire 1000s of different products from furnishings, appliances, industrial equipment, electronics, and more to businesses.
You will join an international team of 5 people based in Highbury and Islington, London, UK .
Business Development Manager
The position reports directly to the founders of the business. We’re looking for a real leader who is a self-starter, known deal closer and thrives on creating commercial value. The role will be dedicated to opening and closing new sales deals for the company. You will be instrumental in accelerating revenues for the business.
- Responsible for implementing and managing the sales process from the ground up.
- Presenting to new customers, managing their expectations and answering any questions they have.
- Contacting clients to build up good business relationships - setting up conference calls and meetings.
- Developing sales goals and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Proactively identifying and securing new business opportunities.
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients.
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature.
- Researching and keeping up-to-date with industry trends to stay one step ahead of the company's competitors.
- Documenting all sales activity, reporting to senior management and providing vital feedback from customers to all departments in the business.
- Attending industry conferences and exhibitions to meet new clients and keep ahead of the industry curve.
- At least 3 years’ experience in B2B sales and management experience is essential. With proven experience in scaling sales teams to hit consistent results.
- Experience in a startup is preferable.
- You are fanatical about pipeline management, commercially minded and great with numbers.
- You’re an entrepreneurial self-starter and proactive to make changes to drive focus areas.
- Obsessive about hitting targets and not afraid to be persistent to chase down deals.
- Impressive ability to build trust and rapport quickly without being face-to-face.
- You are super ambitious and possess a willingness to go beyond the call of duty.
- Great written skills and can write personable, persuasive and professional emails.
- Super time management and strong attention to detail Brilliant IT skills and experienced in using and managing CRM systems.
- Ability to manage and motivate the sales team to meet monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- At least a 2.1 degree from a leading university.
- Relentless positive energy and drive.
- Naturally competitive.
- Competitive salary + bonus!
- Opportunity to make the role your own and grow with us!
- Stock options, so when we make it big you are a part of that.
- We believe working on your birthday is a crime - so we outlawed it (you get the day off)
- If you’d like to play a key part in a fast growing, hungry, and ambitious business as it scales then we’d love to hear from you!
In Job UK & Ireland is an equal opportunity employer