On behalf of our client, an global merchandiser of recovered paper, prime paper, stock lots and other recyclable raw materials and recycling services. Their network covers Europe, USA, South America, Asia and the Middle East, offering a wide range of products and services. In Job New York is looking for a
Logistics Supervisor (Bi-Lingual English / Spanish)
Reporting to the COO the successful candidate based in Chicago, ILwill be responsible for providing the necessary tools to assist in their operational needs.The Candidate will be an important asset for the company to help maintain a level of operation and organization.
- Responsible for supervising a team that includes assisting department co-workers with problems, issues, and questions to get the job done accurately and in a timely manner.
- Office Management (Organization of the office such as supplies, resources, managerial support for colleagues and ability to resolve technical issues.)
- Pre-advise Handling Responsible for managingINCO commercial terms of containers and freight
- Create and confirm Jobs
- Validate Billing Responsible and generate invoices
- Arrange and Book deliveries accordingly
- Responsible for customer service internally, bookings, documentation, and execution of routing for assigned shipments
- Ability to monitor and track deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction
- Responsible for informing management of progress and requirements of the department
- Responsible for reviewing all documents
- Verifies that shipments are processed through proper Customsincluding maintaining accurate logs of all transportation and goods
- Update the necessary information into the system to keep all information up to date.
- Communicate and report to the COO on current information.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- 4+ years’ experience in the Shipping/ Logistics / Freight Forwarding
- Excellent in problem solving skills, strong analytical skills, and leadership quality.
- Must have been working knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish is a must
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, couriers and other operational departments.
- Ability to communicate and provide customer support to clients and suppliers.
- Knowledge of INCO Terms is a must
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive base salary + Bonus
- Health and Medical Coverage
- Vacation + PTO day(s)
We are an equal opportunity employer
TRANSPORT & LOGISTICS