On Behalf of our client, a manufacturing company specialised in high end lighting design, In Job UK & Ireland is looking for an
Special Products Designer
This position reports to Procurement Manager and the ideal candidate will be the liaison between the UK market and production, will constantly be in contact with the Headquarter (Italy) and will work closely to the UK Purchasing team when local conversions are required.
- Managing special products by spec across the UK and Europe
- Make assembly drawings for the clients
- Producing datasheets
- Make quotations
- Peak directly with the sale engineers or clients
- Make production drawings for the factory or local suppliers
- Work with the buyers to find new materials, components or purchased luminaires
- Coordinating the local conversion
- Technical assistance to the local suppliers
- Contact the headquarter to ask for information, prices, technical drawings
- Coordinating the prototypes construction
- Weekly reporting of special products orders status to other departments and headquarter
- Assist team in identifying process improvement
- Production planning
- Some administrative duties & occasional errands
- Exposure to working in other departments to get a feel for how each aspect affects the business
- Strong writing & computer skills.
- 3D/2D modelling background.
- Interest in architectural and industrial design.
- High technical level.
- High capacity for problem solving.
- Electrical components/lighting knowledge.
- Interest in project management.
- Must thrive under pressure
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organised and disciplined work habits
- Must be flexible team player in accommodating overtime at short notice during peak times
- Must be comfortable dealing with the sale engineers, buyers and suppliers
We offer: 40K to 43K annual gross salary depending on experience.
In Job UK & Ireland is an equal opportunity employer
Furniture and Design