On behalf of our client, an expanding University founded in 2006 that offer both classroom-based and distance learning degrees, In Job UK & Ireland is looking for a
Acting Dean / Associate Dean - Faculty of Psychology
The position will reports to the University Dean, about the role we are seeking to appoint a new academic colleague with specialist knowledge in any of the core fields as indicates by the British Psychological Society (BPS ) to contribute to teaching and research or practice.
- The appointment will be focused on leading our BSc (Hons) and MSc (conversion) programmes, and completing documentation required for successful validation of the same programmes with the BPS.
- This post would be suitable for a Senior Lecturer, Reader or Associate Professor with adequate experience and a doctorate in psychology.
- The ideal candidate will be able to independently contribute to our teaching portfolio and have the ability to engage students and motivate them to perform at their best.
- According to the academic nature of the position, the role will also involve administrative duties associated with a busy, fast-growing environment.
- The applicant should also show enough experience to be involved in the leadership and management of the Faculty as Acting Dean or Associate Dean.
- Doctorate in Psychology
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Excellent knowledge of Italian (spoken and written)
- Full membership of the British Psychological Society (BPS) is essential
- Fellowship of HEA is desirable
- Senior experience in teaching
- Research in Psychology
- Previous experience in programme/curriculum design
- Leadership and management experience
- Part time working hours to be discussed
- Salary to be discussed (gross annual salary will depend on experience and pro rata for part time hours)
- Excellent opportunities of career development within the University
In Job UK & Ireland is an equal opportunity employer